Precedent Exhibition: CALL FOR ENTRIES
The Community Design Collaborative, in partnership with the Philadelphia Water Department and the US Environmental Protection Agency Region 3, is hosting Infill Philadelphia: Soak It Up!, an exhibition of best practices in Green Stormwater Infrastructure. The exhibition is part of Infill Philadelphia, an initiative of the Community Design Collaborative which addresses urban infill development and neighborhood revitalization strategies. The exhibition will provide inspiring models for implementing green tools in Philadelphia, leading up to a national competition to be announced in fall 2012.
The goal of the exhibition is to showcase projects that soak up stormwater while creating engaging, healthy, and visually-appealing urban places. Selected entries will be on display at AIA Philadelphia’s Center for Architecture from September 17 through October 19, 2012.
Eligible projects must incorporate systems and design elements of Green Stormwater Infrastructure into cohesive site-design strategies. The exhibition will feature both built and unbuilt projects across a wide variety of scales and land uses. Projects must be submitted by authorized principals or partners of architecture, landscape architecture, engineering, or urban planning firms or by the directors of public agencies or nonprofit organizations.
Projects will be selected using the following criteria:
- Incorporate a cross-disciplinary design process.
- Work within an older urban context and enhance the public realm.
- Encourage the growth of Green Stormwater Infrastructure by creating opportunities for public engagement, such as community outreach or educational design components.
- Explore possibilities for public-private partnerships.
Submissions for the Infill Philadelphia: Soak It Up! exhibition will be reviewed by a selection committee from the fields of design, public policy, development, and sustainability, as well as specialists in Green Stormwater Infrastructure and Low-Impact Development.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Wednesday, August 1, 2012.
- Our online entry form is available here. This form will require 1-2 representative project images, a written description of 250 words, and a registration fee ($150 Non-members/$75 Members (ACD, AAO, AIA, Community Design Collaborative volunteers active since 2001).
- Entrants will receive a notification of selection on Friday, August 10, 2012.
- If selected, exhibitors are responsible for the printing, delivery, and return of a 40″ by 40″ mounted display board for the exhibition to be submitted by Friday, September 7, 2012. For your convenience, the Community Design Collaborative has arranged for local printing at ARC Philadelphia Reprographics. ARC is offering a generous discount to Soak It Up exhibitors: $199.00 for printing and production. Specifications and a link to upload files will be provided with notification of selection.
Please download and review the official Soak It Up! Precedent Exhibition Call For Entries.
For more background on this initiative, please visit our Soak It Up! Resource Page.
To continue, please complete the official Soak It Up! Exhibition Entry Form.